.

.

2/10/14

DIY Bouquet

Last month,  I made the bridal bouquet and six bridesmaid's bouquets for a relative's wedding that we had been planning for 7 months. We purchased all the fresh flowers at our local Flea market for less than $80.00 and it took me 2.5 hours to make them all the night before the wedding. 
Wedding - 2/25/14
To make this Brides Bouquet I used:

18 White Roses
White Crossgrain ribbon
I pkg of pearls from Michaels
Green floral tape.
Med. Rubberbands.
Double sided  1/2 inch tape
I spool silver 1/2 inch ribbon.
After I completed my designs, I put them in just enough water to cover the stems and placed them in the fridge overnight.  At 7:00 A.M. I took them out of the fridge and put them on the dining table still in water. Then I noticed that some of the petals started to turn brown on the Brides bouquet and I had to re-do & re-place them with new flowers.  In the end, the Bride was happy with her bouquet and I saved her $55.00. I found out later that white roses are more delicate and they should not touch the edges or top of the fridge! Guess where they were? . . . on the top shelf of course.  Live and Learn.
Choose DIY to save Money not Time, because you have to spend a lot of time
 to create your vision and you need 50 lbs of Patience!
There's lots of ideas/tutorials online. Check Pinterest for themes & Colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by, let me hear from you!